Accommodation guarantee and Admissions policy
We guarantee that an offer of accommodation in University owned/leased or recommended private provider of student accommodation will be made to all single applicants provided:
- you have firmly accepted an Unconditional offer to study a full degree at the University of Glasgow; or you have firmly accepted a conditional offer to study a full degree at the University of Glasgow and have met your conditions; and
- you will be studying at the University for the whole academic year starting in September of the year of entry; and
- you apply for accommodation by the 22nd August deadline
Please ensure that you apply online for accommodation as soon as you have firmly accepted your offer of study. Our allocations process is linked to your date of application, so it is in your interest to apply as soon as possible after online applications open in February of your intended year of entry.
N.B. Please note that Non–EU visiting students studying for one semester are also covered by the guarantee, but Socrates\Erasmus exchange students are not as a different Admissions Policy applies to these students.
Why do we have an admissions policy?
There is normally far greater demand for places in residential accommodation than there are places available. Therefore, the University of Glasgow operates a selection system designed to ensure that those with the greatest need are given priority.
The selection system is weighted towards those applicants who meet the following criteria:
- pursuing a full-time degree course at the University of Glasgow
- who are in their first year of study at the University of Glasgow
We cannot guarantee an offer of accommodation to students who apply after the 22nd of August deadline and any accommodation, if available, will be limted in choice. Furthermore, it is essential that, if you are likely to be away from home during the summer, you take steps to provide Residential Services with an up to date email address. If you do not follow the procedures outlined here and on “How to Apply”, it is likely that your place in accommodation may be jeopardised or lost altogether.