In the top 20 of the 2017 QS World University Rankings by Subject, for Veterinary Science. A 5 star + rating.
The School of Veterinary Medicine has full accreditation from
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Council on Education
- The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS)
- The European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Education (EAEVE)
- The Australasian Veterinary Boards Council (AVBC)
Our pass rate in the North American Veterinary Licensing Examination (NAVLE) is currently 84% compared to the pass rate required by the AVMA Council on Education standard for Outcomes Assessment which is 80%. The NAVLE is a requirement for licensure to practice veterinary medicine in all licensing jurisdictions in North America.
We provide an expert referral centre for animal owners and referring practitioners throughout the UK via the
- Small Animal Hospital
- Weipers Centre for Equine Welfare
- Scottish Centre for Production Animal Health & Welfare
We are pre-eminent in teaching, research and clinical provision, and attract students, researchers and clinicians from around the world. In the 2014 REF, we were ranked 3rd in the UK and 2nd in Scotland for Veterinary research, with 82% of the research being carried out at Glasgow deemed outstanding in terms of impact. In the 2016 National Student Survey, the School of Veterinary Medicine was voted number 1 in the UK for Veterinary Science.