Neuroscience and Psychology
Our aim is to understand behaviour at multiple levels of function, from systems to cells.
Bringing together cutting edge research from the molecular level to human behaviour, we have strong expertise in cell signaling, stem cells, brain imaging and formal modeling, particularly in the dynamics of information processing in cortical networks.
We work across a range of interdisciplinary specialist areas, which include:
- molecular pharmacology and cell signaling systems
- mental diseases such as schizophrenia and depression
- sensory and motor networks
- spinal injury
- chronic pain; and
- sleep research.
We also have cutting-edge expertise in:
- stroke and rehabilitation of function
- clinical neuropsychology
- cognitive neuroimaging
- models of cortical information processing of cognitive functions
- brain-computer interactions; and
- social interactions.
Our dynamic research atmosphere attracts major funding from UK research councils (ESRC, BBSRC, EPSRC, MRC) and charities (the Wellcome Trust), with a translational excellence that attracts funding from industry.