E-mentoring is the term we use to describe the role of current students who volunteer to provide information and advice to prospective, new and current students.
The role won't take up a lot of your time, as everything is done using e-mail and other forms of online communication (such as Moodle), but it will provide you with a great addition to your C.V.
We look to take on students who:
- have successfully completed the first year of study at the University of Glasgow
- are competent in using e-mail and internet technology
- have good communication skills (especially written)
- are generally enthusiastic about Higher Education
Training and ongoing support is provided for all students.
As an E-Mentor you will be expected to:
- Provide information and advice (via e-mail) on a wide range of issues related to studying at the University of Glasgow and living in Glasgow to new, prospective and current students
- Maintain regular contact with Network co-ordinators
- Attend training/induction session
- Great experience for your C.V.
- Improve transferable skills such as communication, time-management and networking
- Improve your knowledge of the University
How to Apply
We actively recruit Undergraduate e-mentors approximately once per year and Postgraduate e-mentors around December of each year. However, we are always looking for quality e-mentors and are happy to receive applications at any time.
To apply for an e-mentor position please download the application form and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org