This resource consists of a number of sources of information pertaining to countries, etiquette, culture and practices. Although these external sources are reputable, please use this information with caution.
Finding out factual information regarding the country you are planning to travel to may be helpful as part of your preparation and also enable your travel plans to go smoothly.
These resources may be of use:
• BBC country profiles
• Foreign embassies in the UK including country profile resource
• United Kingdom Trade and Investment provides a range of ‘doing business in…’ guides.
• Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) World Factbook
• Lonely Planet
• Resources recommended by staff
• Working / visiting overseas
• A range of regional resources providing market intelligence are available from the Recruitment and International Office. This includes regional plans, regional briefings and market plans for key markets. These can be accessed through sharepoint by contacting Mairi Darroch, International Manager.