David Fleming-Brown Scholarship
Applications for the David Fleming-Brown Travel Scholarship are now CLOSED.
The 2014/15 round of applications will be announced in March 2014.
The University of Glasgow is delighted to announce the fourth year of the David Fleming-Brown Travel Scholarship, a Postgraduate Research (PGR) travel award.
This Scholarship offers the opportunity for PGR students (PhD or Masters by Research) registered at the University of Glasgow to travel to a North American Institution to enhance their academic experience and to develop new research collaborations with that institution.
Eligibility and Selection
- The Scholarship is open to all PGR students from any academic discipline currently registered at the University of Glasgow.
- Candidates must be citizens of an EU or EEA country. This scheme is not open to overseas students.
- Placements should be in a North American Institution and for the duration of at least 3 months.
- Successful applicants will be selected on the basis of his/her academic record and scholarship proposal showing the potential for opportunities to strengthen new research collaborations.
- Successful applicants will be notified in late May 2013. Funds will be available from early August 2013.
For full terms and conditions, please download: David Fleming-Brown Information for Applicants 2013.
Download: David Fleming-Brown Application Form 2013
Deadline for applications: 4pm Friday 10 May.
Application forms should be submitted in electronic format only.
Please email applications to: email@example.com
Each scholar will be required to produce a report on his/her studies under the scholarship. The purpose of these reports is to show how the scholarship has enhanced scholars' research experience. More information on writing the report will be sent to the successful applicant(s).
Click here to view scholar reports
If you have any questions about the David Fleming-Brown Travel Scholarship please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top