These broad aims should give you a sense of the focus of the PGCTHE:
- encourage a critically reflective, evidence-based approach to the practice of learning, teaching and assessment in higher education;
- provide an enabling environment in which to assist the professional development of academic staff engaged in supporting student learning;
- encourage the development of teaching approaches which actively support inclusivity and develop students' ethical awareness;
- support dialogue between programme participants from different backgrounds about good practice and enhancing learning environments;
- assist course participants in their reflections on how relevant educational research findings can be meaningfully applied in their own context.