Technology Review Group
The TRG is a forum for the exchange of ideas about, and exploration of, emerging technologies that are potentially important to the University. Its purpose is to make recommendations as to how and when these technological changes should be implemented. TRG ensures that the University's Information & Communication Technology (ICT) Infrastructure Strategy develops in a coherent and co-ordinated way and is the Programme Board for major technological infrastructure projects within the University.
- identifies technologies that need examination
- researches and evaluates technologies that are potentially important to the University
- makes recommendations on the timing and manner of technology adoption
Technology in this context includes: devices, hardware specifications, approaches, configurations, storage, networking, operating systems, software, etc.
- Director of Computing Service (Convenor)
- 1 representative from each Faculty and US
- Appropriate members of Information Services
- Other individuals who the group feel would be useful in discussions
The TRG makes specific recommendations and meets as often and in the manner required to achieve their remit. The group sets up working groups to examine specific technologies and issues and draws membership of such groups from people across the University with appropriate expertise and/or experience. All members of the group are responsible for consultation/communication with the communities that they represent.