The University is pleased to support the development of staff networks. The purpose of setting up these groups is to:
- provide a forum for discussing appropriate issues of mutual interest
- provide a networking opportunity
- raise issues in a safe environment
- contribute to policy thinking
- organise social events
- contribute to staff development activities
- arrange an annual event to raise awareness and celebrate diversity
- determine membership and operation of the group (e.g. staff only or staff and students/external groups)
However, we are keen to see the networks develop in their own way, as members wish, therefore this is not an exhaustive list.
If you are interested in any of the networks, please email the Equality and Diversity Unit on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on 0141 330 1887.