The University has a hill top campus with many old building creating particular issues relating to physical access. To meet these challenges we have put several measures into place to assist students, staff and visitors to the campus.
DisabledGo are a social enterprise who complete access audits for disabled users of public, private and voluntary sector buildings. They have completed an audit for the University which includes 80 services across the campus, including the Hunterian Museum, Sports and Recreation Service, Registry, various accommodation sites.
Physical access issues
If you have experienced a particular issue with physical access anywhere on campus, please email firstname.lastname@example.org where a member of Estates and Buildings staff will deal with your concern.
Please click here for a full colour Accessibility map - main building (pdf)
Campus Infrastructure Disability Liaison Group
This group has been set up a a forum for staff and students to highlight issues concerning the campus. The remit and terms of reference are as follows:
1. Terms of Reference
A consultative forum where disabled staff and students are given the opportunity to address matters relating to the campus physical environment in order to address the Disability Equality Scheme (DES) Action Plan objectives for Accessible Buildings and enhance the University’s ownership of its Disability Equality Duty and compliance with the Equality Act 2010.
- To provide a route for disabled users of the campus to raise issues with the existing campus, make suggestions and contribute ideas to improve accessibility;
- To provide a sounding board of user experience and expertise with respect to proposed developments, new builds and major refurbishments;
- To allow staff from Estates and Buildings to explain any constraints to users and to seek users' views on solutions;
3. Reporting Line
The CIDLG reports to the Disability Equality Group (DEG)
- Approval of Minutes
- Matters Arising
- New Issues (Including Email Issues)
- Proposed Developments, New Builds and Major Refurbishments
Paper updating on matters arising circulated in advance
- Disabled Student representatives (up to 5, one year voluntary renewable membership)
Disabled Staff representatives (up to 5, three years voluntary renewable membership)
School Disability Co-ordinators (up to 5, three years voluntary renewable membership)
Equality and Diversity Officer
Disability Service representative
Director of Estates and Buildings (Convenor)
6. Duration of meetings
Meetings will be no longer than one and a half hours duration. Lunch or Tea and Coffee will be provided based on numbers attending and timing of meeting
7. Frequency of Meetings
Three per annum scheduled to support frequency of DEG meetings.
8. Meeting location
Meetings will be held in the Carnegie Room,
9. Email address for raising issues in between Meetings