The University of Glasgow is committed to ensuring opportunities are open to all staff and students whatever age they are when they come to the University. Age will not be barrier to accessing employment rights and benefits, or entering on courses, except where this can be objectively justified.
The University welcomes the Employment Regulations (Age) 2006 which covers the following groups of people;
- job applicants
- former employees
- self-employed people
- contract workers
- people applying for adult, further or higher education
- students in adult, further or higher education
- former students in adult, further or higher education
- office holders
- members of trade organisations
- anyone in vocational training and anyone receiving or holding a professional or trade qualification
To support this aim the University has appointed a senior manager as the Age Equality Champion. Currently this is Professor Steve Beaumont (Vice Principal Research and Enterprise). Our Age Equality Champion promotes and raises awareness around age equality issues and provides feedback to the Equality and Diversity Strategy Committee, the Principal and other senior managers.