Guidelines for Support Workers
The Disability Service of the University of Glasgow requires Postgraduate and Postdoctoral Students from all disciplines who are willing to work as support workers for students. A commitment to disability equality and disability awareness would be an advantage.
The main tasks required are:
- Note taking support in lectures;
- Scribe support during exams;
- Admin support for those with personal organisation difficulties;
- Mentoring support for some students (Disclosure Scotland Enhanced Clearance will be required for this category).
The work may be regular, weekly or occasional, or during exams only.
If you are interested in applying to be a support worker with the Disability Service please forward your CV to Triona O'Malley firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +44 (0) 161 247 8800, or 0845 130 4655.
Randstad Student Support are currently recruiting for Support Workers/notetakers to work with students at the University of Glasgow.
This role is a flexible part time position, hours are never guaranteed therefore this position would not suit applicants who are looking for full time employment. Applicants must be educated to degree level or be a post graduate student and have the ability to demonstrate a high level of both written and verbal English.
Duties of support workers vary according to the student requirements and mostly include:
- Note taking (in lectures/seminars settings)
- Electronic note taking and proof reading
- Interpersonal skills in particular organisational/communication skills are essential for these roles
The recruitment process will consist of two stages: a phone screen and an assessment centre taking place at the University on Wednesday January 25th at 1000.
We offer a competitive rates of pay of £11.86 p/h, flexible working hours and an excellent benefits package including holidays.
Please send your CV directly to email@example.com.