University Records Centre
Using the University Records Centre
Use of the Records Centre is open to all University of Glasgow staff.
Its purpose is to provide cheaper, off campus storage for the long-term maintenance of and access to files with continuing fiscal, legal, administrative and historical value.
Use of the Records Centre requires depositors to agree a finite retention period for each series of records they transfer.
Please see agreeing a records retention schedule for further information on how to allocate retention periods. Check the types of records that can be deposited, and then the next step is to transfer the records to the Records Centre. Stored files can then be retrieved from your deposit, and returned after use.
Benefits of using the University Records Centre
- More secure as it stays in direct University control as opposed to contracted out.
- Next day retrieval service available (Gilmorehill campus).
- Immediate access to files can normally be arranged in emergencies (office hours).
- Secure location away from main campus.
- Cheaper than “in office” accommodation.