History of Archive Services timeline
First University Archivist appointed in 1955.
University Archives take over management of the Business Collections including those of Upper Clyde Shipbuilders in 1975. A continuing partnership between Glasgow University Archive Services and the Health Board in Glasgow to manage the historical and non-current records of the National Health Service in Glasgow is established.
Computing comes to Archive Services. Business collections moved to Thurso Street. Scottish Brewing Archive transferred to GUAS.
West Quadrangle Offices declared unsafe for staff. University Archives staff move to Dumbarton Road Annexe. University Records Centre opens.
Michael Moss moves to HATII and Lesley Richmond appointed as Director of Archive Services. Launch of a professional course in recordkeeping, MPhil(MSc) in Information Management and Preservation, in partnership with HATII.