Dr Luis Gomes
- University Teacher (Portuguese) (Hispanic Studies)
Portuguese emblem literature; Portuguese and Iberian literature of the Dual Monarchy (1580-1640); Vasco Mousinho de Quevedo Castelo Branco; History of the book in Portugal in late 16th Century. Other research interests include Fernando pessoa and Sophia de Mello Breyner Andresen.
Dr Gomes is Deputy Director of the Stirling Maxwell Centre for the Study of Text/Image Cultures, whose material holdings, via the riches of Glasgow University Library and the Hunterian Museum and Art Gallery, are unrivalled.
Areas of supervision:
Portuguese emblem literature; Portuguese literature of the late 16th century - early 17th century.
- Portuguese Level 1
- Portuguese Level 2
- Golden Age Iberian Literature (Honours Option)
- Hispanic Language Project (Erasmus)
- Senior Honours Portuguese.
- Sub-editor of ‘Portuguese Literature (1500 – 1750)’, Modern Humanities Research Association's Year's Work in Modern Language Studies.
- Study Abroad Adviser (Hispanic Studies).
- Internationalisation Officer, School of Modern Languages and Cultures.
- Mobility (Student) Coordinator, College of Arts.