- Research Fellow of the Royal Society / Reader (Mathematics)
I am interested in areas where algebra and representation theory meet problems arising in physical systems. My research focusses on quantum integrable models connected with solutions to the famous Yang-Baxter equation. The latter include exactly solvable lattice models in statistical mechanics, quantum many body systems and lower dimensional quantum field theories.
- Quantum integrable systems and infinite dimensional algebras (P); Royal Society University Research Fellowship (extension 2009-2012) GBP 338,708
- Tropical geometry and integrable systems (P); EPSRC Mathematical Sciences Small Grant with Chris Athorne (Glasgow, 2011) GBP 22,910
- Discrete integrable systems and the crystal limit of quantum integrable models (C); British Council Cooperation Research Award with the U of Tokyo joint with the ISMP group (Glasgow 2008-11) GBP 37,346
- Geometric Aspects of Discrete and Ultra-discrete Integrable Systems (C); London Mathematical Society grant joint with Jon Nimmo and Claire Gilson (Glasgow, 2009) GBP 4,800
- q-deformed algebras symmetric functions and quantum integrable systems (P); The Nuffield Foundation, funding for summer project with R Fornear (Glasgow 2008) GBP 1,400
- INSTANS Short Visit Grant (P); European Science Foundation travel grant to visit J.-S. Caux at U of Amsterdam (Amsterdam, 2008) EUR 706
- Integrable Systems: Linear and Nonlinear Dynamics III (C); EPSRC Mathematical Sciences Small Grant with Ian Strachan (Glasgow, 2007) GBP 10,623
- Lectures on the chiral Potts model by Prof Rinat Kedem (P); Edinburgh Mathematical Society research grant joint with Robert Weston, Heriot-Watt (Glasgow, 2007) GBP 633
- New developments in correlation functions of integrable lattice models (P); EPSRC Mathematical Sciences Small Grant (City U, 2005) GBP 5,233
- Quantum integrable systems and infinite dimensional algebras (P); Royal Society University Research Fellowship (2004-2009) GBP 250,000 (non FEC)
- Affine algebras in integrable models of statistical mechanics and QFT (P); EPSRC Postdoctoral Fellowship in Mathematics (Edinburgh U, 2002-4) GBP 75,462 (non FEC)
4H project supervision
- "The Robinson-Schensted-Knuth correspondence"
- "What does an atom look like?"
- "Scattering theory"
5H project supervision
"The Boson-Fermion correspondence"
First year course 1Y (calculus and algebra)
4H course "Mathematical Physics" (Hamiltonian Mechanics)
Before coming to Glasgow in October 2006, I held positions at City University London (2005-6), the University of Edinburgh (2002-2005) and the C.N. Yang Institute for Theoretical Physics at Stony Brook, New York (2000-2002). I completed my PhD at the Freie Universität Berlin, Germany in 2000.