British Philosophical Association/ Society for Women in Philosophy Good Practice Scheme
From 2015-16 Philosophy at Glasgow subscribes to all elements of the British Philosophical Association/Society for Women in Philosophy’s Good Practice Scheme, which aims at improving the representation of women in philosophy.
The actions taken to implement these policies include:
- Ensuring that all teaching staff are familiar with research about unconscious bias and the University’s equality and diversity policy.
- Asking staff to draw on resources such as the directory of underrepresented philosophers when compiling course syllabi
- Making policy on conferences and seminars policy available to PG students in the PG handbook and to staff via our action document.
- Improving information available to students and staff about the University’s policies on sexual harassment, and on equality and diversity, via links on course syllabi and the departmental website.
- Improvingaccess to University information and policies about student and staff carers, via links on course syllabi and the departmental website.
- For more information about the Good Practice Scheme, click here.
Information about GU’s regulations about, definition of, and contacts in the event of, sexual harassment are available here:
General information about GU’s policy on equality and diversity is here: