Office Hours: I am currently on research leave.
I work primarily in epistemology. I'm particularly interested in epistemic justification, epistemic entitlement, the management of error risk and the epistemology of religious belief. My current CV can be found here.
Recent and forthcoming papers
- 'Entitlement and Evidence' Australasian Journal of Philosophy, forthcoming (The published version can be found here.)
- 'Knowledge, Justification and Normative Coincidence' Philosophy and Phenomenological Research, forthcoming
- 'Two Notions of Epistemic Risk' Erkenntnis, forthcoming
- 'The Arbitrariness of Belief' in Dodd, D. and Zardini, E. eds. Contemporary Perspectives on Scepticism and Perceptual Justification (Oxford: Oxford University Press), forthcoming
- 'Outright Belief and Degrees of Belief' Dialectica v66(3), 2012 (with Philip Ebert)
- 'Some Thoughts on the JK-Rule' Noûs v46(4), 2012
- 'God and the External World' Ratio v24(1), 2011 (The published version can be found here.)
- 'A Generalised Lottery Paradox for Infinite Probability Spaces' British Journal for the Philosophy of Science v61(4), 2010 (The published version can be found here.)
- 'What Else Justification Could Be' Noûs v44(1), 2010 (The published version can be found here.)
- 'Transmission Failure Explained' Philosophy and Phenomenological Research v79(1), 2009 (The published version can be found here.)
A full list of published papers can be found in the publications section or on my Philpapers Profile.