Glasgow Electronics Design Centre
The University of Glasgow School of Engineering's Electronics Design Centre provides resources and facilities for high-end electronic, microsystem, radiofrequency, microwave, terahertz, optical and biomedical system design, research and development.
These facilities are available to both University staff and postgraduate students and to outside academic, government and industrial collaborators. For further information, or to inquire about using our facilities, please get in touch via our contact page.
Our resources include:
- 20 GHz NSI radiofrequency anechoic chamber and nearfield antenna test range (above).
- High-performance computing facilities for design and simulation, including a 384 core Clustervision parallel computer.
- Design/simulation software including Cadence, Lumerical, Tempest, Agilent ADS and Synopsys.
Our laboratories offer a comprehensive range of facilities for precision dc and ac characterisation including:
- DC and RF probe stations for semiconductor device testing and laser trimming.
- Olympus BX-51 and Zeiss Discovery V12 microscopes.
- 50 GHz spectrum analyser, 8.5 GHz network analyser, 8 GHz bit error-rate tester and 20 GHz analog signal generator.
- A full range of other test/measurement instruments including oscilloscopes,logic analysers, source measurement units and signal generators.