The MHRC has welcomed a variety of Visiting Fellows since its inception in 2012, working across a range of disciplines. If you are interested in carrying out medical humanities research at Glasgow as a Vising Fellow, please contact Gavin Miller.
Past Fellows have included:
- Dr Adrian Chapman, an adjunct at Florida State University (London). Adrian was researching the archive of R. D. Laing, the radical psychiatrist and countercultural figure. Contact: email@example.com.
- Dr Jenny Eklöf, a senior lecturer in History of Science and Ideas at Umeå University, Sweden. Jenny researched the simultaneous scientization and popularization of mindfulness. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dr Jac Saorsa, a visual artist with a background in philosophy. Her project focused on a methodological and philosophical comparison of Jan Van Rymsdyk’s drawings for William Hunter’s Anatomy of the Human Gravid Uterus, and the development of Jac's own drawings for a project entitled Drawing Women’s Cancer. Jac explorated the relation between art and medicine, with specific emphasis on the existential ‘lived experience’ of illness.
- Dr Claire McKechnie Mason, a public health researcher for the NHS at the Glasgow Centre for Population Health (GCPH). She worked on an AHRC-funded project entitled "Representing Communities: Developing the creative power of people to improve health and wellbeing". Part of a UK-wide project investigating how small communities might use creative art forms as a mode of communication and empowerment in healthcare, Claire focused on Dennistoun, an area in the East End of Glasgow. Contact: email@example.com.
- Dr Donna McCormack, a lecturer in English Literature at the University of Surrey. Donna worked on a project that examined the interrelation of bodily and national borders in representations of organ transplantation. She focuson on how organ donation is an embodied metaphor for contemporary political anxieties, particularly concerning national belonging and transnational migration. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.