Dr Gerardo Aragon Camarasa
- Lecturer in Computing Science (Autonomous and Socially Intelligent Robotics) (Computing Science)
- Affiliate (School of Computing Science)
Personal web page: http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~gerardo/
I am a Lecturer in Autonomous and Socially Intelligent Robotics at the School of Computing Science, University of Glasgow since September 2016. His research interests are in the multidisciplinary areas of robotics, chemical robotics, machine perception/vision and geometric algebras, and has authored 20 refereed journals and conference papers in these fields. He has been the leading researcher in 3 projects (e.g. EU FP7 CloPeMa). Previously, he was a research associate at the Cronin group www.croninlab.com).
I am regularly seeking outstanding PhD students to join my research team. Feel free to contact me with any questions.
- "iSee - Intelligent Vision for Grasping" – InnovateUK/EPSRC project iSee (EP/R005605/1) with Shadow Robotics Ltd, £500K, Co-I, (2017-2018).
- “Automated Tuber Quality Assessment by Computer Vision” – Impact Acceleration Account University of Glasgow, £30K, Co-I (2015-2016).
- “An Initial Investigation into Automatic Tuber Assessment by Multi-Modal Computer Vision” – First Step Award (FSA236), £20K, Co-I (2014).
- “A proof-of-concept demonstration of a Cognitive Vision System within the sEnglish programming environment” – Glasgow Knowledge Exchange board, £20K, Co-I (2013)
Internet Technology (ITECH) - MSc(CS), MSc(IT), MSc(SD). The aim of this course is to provide students with a comprehensive overview of web application development. It will provide students with the skills to design and develop distributed web applications in a disciplined manner, using a range of tools and technologies. It will also strengthen their understanding of the context and rationale of distributed systems.