Professor David Hopkins
- Professor of Art History (History of Art)
Office Hour: Monday 2-3pm
- Dada and Surrealism (with particular emphasis on Max Ernst and Marcel Duchamp)
- Post-1945 art and theory (especially aspects of Neo-Dada, Fluxus, Performance Art and 1980s/90s art)
- Aspects of twentieth century photography, particularly in relation to Surrealism and post-war American photography
- Alison Eldridge: 'Photography and Sociology: an exercise in serendipity'
- Laurence Figgis: 'Surrealism and the uncanny in Walt Disney's Fairytale Cartoons (MPhil)
- Catriona McAra: 'Re-reading Surrealism Through the Literature of Childhood'
- Colin Vernall: 'The Policial in Visual Art of the Period Immediately Before and After the End of the Cold War'
- Kirsten Riley: 'The Semantic Image: Pictorial Semiotics and American Photorealism'
- Mark Hobbs: 'Representations of Berlin in the 'Stability' Period of the Weimar Republic (1924-30)'
- Katherine Tubb: 'Marta Astfalck Vietz and Friends: Sexing the City'
- Rebecca Gordon: 'Replace, Reinstall or Restore: Material Authenticity in Contemporary Art Reconsidered'
- Susannah Thompson: 'Scottish Art Criticism of the 1980s and 1990s'
- MLitt, Art History: Art: Politics: Transgression: 20th-Century Avant-Gardes
- Theories of the Avant-Garde (MLitt)
- Readings in Duchamp (MLitt)
- Photography and Modernism: Readings in 20th-Century Photography 1900-1970 (Junior Honours)
- Methodology (Junior Honours)
- Convenor, MLitt in Art History: Art: Politics: Transgression: 20th Century Avant-Garde
- Director, Institute of Art History
- Unit of Assessment REF Champion, History of Art
- SCCA Research Committee
- SCCA School Management Group
- Member of Academic Advisory Committee to The AHRC Research Centre for Studies of Surrealism and its Legacies