Mrs Victoria Sutherland
- Research Fellow (Training and Employment Research Unit)
Areas of expertise:
- Economic development
- Business development Skills
- Sectoral development
2014: Development of Measurement Framework for Highland Economic Regeneration and Recovery Plan (Highlands and Islands Enterprise) £8,100.
2013: Review of Fragile Areas and Employment Action Areas (Highlands and Islands Enterprise). £13,300.Mapping the Funding and Income Landscape for the Arts in Scotland (Creative Scotland) £8,700.
2012: Developing a Monitoring Toolkit for Clackmannanshire Employability Partnership (Clackmannanshire Council) £2,425. Developing the Evidence Base for the Skills Action Plan for Scottish Forest and Timber Technologies Sector (Skills Development Scotland) £1,600. Support for Skills Investment Plan for Scottish Tourism (Skills Development Scotland) £9,375. Research to Support the Development of the Cultural Economy Programme (Creative Scotland) £32,945.
2011: Investing in Scottish Social Ventures (Nesta) £33,700. Developing an Employability Strategy for Clackmannanshire 2011-2014 (Clackmannanshire Council) £9,950. Evaluation of Outer Hebrides Employability Support Programme (Comhairle nan Eilean Siar) £26,100.
MSc in Local Economic Development – Tutor range of courses including:
- Business Development
- Developing Key Sectors
- Project Appraisal and Evaluation
- Dynamics of Labour Markets
- Comparative Approaches to Economic Development.
Also previously Acting Programme Director (covering maternity leave).
Developed and delivered ‘‘Economic Development and Employment’ course for Urban Studies taught postgraduate programmes.
Supervise dissertations on number of programmes across the Adam Smith Business School including:
- MA in Economics (undergraduate).
- MSc in Local Economic Development.
- MSc in Development Studies.
- MSc in Management (Specialist and General).
Design and delivery of Continuing Professional Development courses on behalf of external organisations including:
- Policy and Practice in Local Economic Development (for Economic Development Association Scotland).
- Refresher in Economic Development (for Economic Development Association Scotland)
- Introduction to Local Economic Development (for Scottish Government).
- Introduction to Local Economic Development (for Scottish Enterprise).
- Economic Development for Account Managers (for Scottish Enterprise)
- Research and Evaluation Skills (for Scottish Enterprise)
- Dynamics of the Labour Market (for Skills Development Scotland).
- Labour Market Issues (for Skills Development Scotland)
- Community Regeneration (for West Lothian Council)
- Using Data and Critical Appraisal for Public Health Practioners (for NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde)
- Business Improvement Districts and Economic Development (BIDS Scotland).