Dr Stelios Zyglidopoulos
- Reader in Management (Management)
Stelios joined the University of Glasgow Adam Smith Business School as a Reader in Strategy in 2014. He is an Associate Fellow of Homerton College, University of Cambridge and holds a PhD in Strategy and Organisation and an MBA from McGill University, a MA (Cantab) from the University of Cambridge, an MA in Philosophy from Birkbeck College, University of London, and an MSc from the University of Piraeus, Greece. Prior to joining the University of Glasgow, he held academic positions at the Cambridge Judge Business School, the Rochester Institute of Technology, USA and Erasmus University in the Netherlands. Stelios has extensive executive education experience and has taught in many executive education programmes, both open and custom.
Areas of expertise:
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Internationalisation and CSR
- Organisational Corruption
- Stakeholder Theory
- Ancient Philosophy and Business Ethics
Gardberg, N. A., Zyglidopoulos, S. C., Symeou, P. C., and Schepers, D. H. (2017) The impact of corporate philanthropy on reputation for corporate social performance. Business and Society, (Accepted for Publication)
Zyglidopoulos, S., Williamson, P., and Symeou, P. (2016) The corporate social performance of developing country multinationals. Business Ethics Quarterly, 26(3), pp. 379-406. (doi:10.1017/beq.2016.41)
Illia, L., Romenti, S., and Zyglidopoulos, S. (2015) Creating effective dialogue about corporate social responsibility. MIT Sloan Management Review, 57(1), pp. 20-22.
RIT, FEAD, Teaching Development Grant, 2002
RIT, College of Business, Faculty Scholarship Grant, summers of 2000, 2001, and 2003
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC), Doctoral Fellowship for academic years 1992/93, and 1993/94
FCAR, Doctoral Fellowship for academic year 1992/93.
Current PhD students
Co-supervisor: Dr Ioannis Thanos
Co-supervisor: Professor Pavlos Dimitratos
Co-supervisor: Professor Sabina Siebert
Co-supervisor: Dr Jillian Gordon
- Dynamic Strategic Management (MBA)
- Strategy (Honours)
Prior teaching experience
- Strategic Management (MBA, MPhil, MSt, BSc)
- Corporate Governance and Business Ethics (MA)
- Understanding and Avoiding Corporate Corruption (MA)
- International Business (MBA)
- Business and Society (BSc)
- Fellow, Homerton College, University of Cambridge (2008 – 2016)
- Strategy Fellow, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge (2014 - present)
- Visiting Professor, IE University, Madrid, Spain (2010 - present)
- Section Editor for the Journal of Business Ethics
- Business & Society
- Organisation Studies
- Corporate Reputation Review
- Academy of Management Review
- Academy of Management Conference
- Strategic Management Society
- Journal of Management Studies
- Journal of Business Ethics
- Journal of Management Inquiry
- Academy of Management Learning and Education
- Associate Editor for Social Issues Management Division for the Academy of Management Conference 2014
Executive education experience
Bayer, Siemens, Shell, ARM, Lion’s Club International, Ofcom, DHL, ING, UBS, AWG, Louis Group, Beijing Capital Land, Kuala Lumpur Education City, IBS Moscow, Razak School of Government, Judge Business School Executive Education Limited (JBSEEL), Cambridge Program for Sustainability Leadership (CPSL), Academic Program Director for the JBSEEL-IBS Moscow Program (October 2013), Academic Program Director for the JBSEEL-Jaguar Land Rover China Program (October 2013) and Academic Program Director for the JBSEEL-Razak.
Zyglidopoulos, S. 2014. “Five reasons why... corporates get environmental CSR communications wrong.” Last modified April 25. http://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/media/2014/five-reasons-why-corporates-get-green-csr-comms-wrong/#.U1zHvzl5nzK.
Zyglidopoulos, S. 2012. “This Blood-letting may kill Greece rather than save its life.” Financial Times, February 23, p. 8.
Zyglidopoulos, S. 2008. “The Increasing Importance of Foreign Stakeholders in the Future of Corporate Social Responsibility.” CSE Think Tank, http://www.cse-thinktank.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=170&Itemid=37.
Fleming, P. & S. Zyglidopoulos. 2006. “Globalised nature of business corruption needs to be taken into account.” Financial Times, October 16, p. 18.
Stelios Zyglidopoulos , May 2016 (pdf, 168kb)