MBA (Master of Business Administration)
Following the core courses, you have the choice of five specialist electives from a range of around 30 options. The electives on offer vary each year and are taught by a range of leading academics and practitioners, based on their research or personal experience of the corporate world. Previous electives have included:
- Business Scenarios for Consulting
- Business to Business Relationship Management
- Change Management
- Company Failure & Transformation
- Corporate Image & Communications
- Corporate Strategy and Competition Law
- Creative Management & Development
- Credibility & Networks - Selling Yourself and your Organisation
- Crisis Management
- Future Trends in Marketing
- Human Resource Management
- International Financial Analysis
- International Financial Management
- Project Leadership & Control
- Public Sector Organisation & Management
- Role of Technology in Innovative Organisations
- Strategy Dynamics
- Supply and Logistics Management
International summer schools
Intensive international advanced management schools, open to Glasgow MBA participants, offer you an opportunity to work for two weeks with managers from other MBA programmes and from other countries.
In addition to gaining elective credits towards your Glasgow MBA, you will get all the benefits of concentrated study, the exposure to other cultures, experience of working on projects with people from other countries and disciplines, and receiving authoritative updates on European and Asian developments.
There are two summer schools available, organised by a consortium of international business schools: ESSAM in Aarhus, Denmark and AISAM in Penang, Malaysia.
There is an additional cost associated with the international summer schools.