Guidance notes for online applications
These notes are intended to help you complete the online application form accurately. Please read these notes carefully before you begin to complete the form.
- Name and Date of birth: must appear exactly as they do on your passport. Please take time to check the spelling and lay-out.
- Contact Details: Correspondence address. All contact relevant to your application will be sent to this address including the offer letter(s). If your address changes, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Choice of course: Please select carefully the course you want to study. As your application will be sent to the admissions committee for each course you select it is important to consider at this stage why you are interested in the course and that it is reflected in your application.
- Proposed date of entry: Please state your preferred start date including the month and the year. Taught masters degrees tend to begin in September. Research degrees may start in any month.
- Education and Qualifications: Please complete this section as fully as possible indicating any relevant Higher Education qualifications starting with the most recent. Complete the name of the Institution (s) as it appears on the degree certificate or transcript.
- English Language Proficiency: Please state the date of any English language test taken (or to be taken) and the award date (or expected award date if known).
- Employment and Experience: Please complete this section as fully as possible with all employments relevant to your course. Additional details may be attached in your personal statement/proposal where appropriate.
- References: Please provide the names and contact details of two academic references. Where applicable one of these references may be from your current employer. References should be completed on letter headed paper and uploaded on to your application.
Additional documentation to upload or send:
- Copies of final or current transcripts of all higher education qualifications (and their official translations)
- Copies of all degree certificates (and their official translations)
- Two references on headed paper
- Any additional documents specifically listed on the Taught degree programmes A-Z list
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency if English is not your first language
- Copy of your passport (photo page) - Non-EU applicants only
If you are unable to upload any supporting information, you may send them to:
Recruitment and International Office
71 Southpark Avenue, University of Glasgow
Fax: ++44 141 330 4045
Please note: Registration packs cannot be sent out until you have an unconditional offer and you have accepted that offer.