How to apply
The International Masters in Russian, Central and East European Studies (IMRCEES) programme welcomes applications from students around the world. You can apply as a self-funded student or you can apply for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship.
Third Country applicants should apply for a Category A scholarship.
European applicants should apply for a Category B scholarship.
Applicants must apply online and submit the necessary supporting documentation with the online application.
For all categories of applicants, your application must include the following documents:
- University of Glasgow Application form: online application for a place on the degree programme
- Certified copies of academic transcripts (translated into English)
- Degree certificate (and an official translation):
NB: Students who have not yet completed their degree can also apply. Please provide academic transcripts to date. Offers of a place on the programme will be conditional pending receipt of the final degree result. Applications will be considered for scholarship but any offer of a scholarship will also be conditional until the final degree result is confirmed. See 'Who is Eligible to Apply' - conditional offers.
- CV (European format)
- English language proficiency test certificate
NB. In cases where it is not possible to provide proof of language qualification at this stage, applications will still be accepted but any offer of a place on the programme or of a scholarshiop will be conditional until the test result is received. See 'Who is Eligible to Apply' - conditional offers.
- Proof of citizenship (i.e. information page of passport)
- Two references (at least one academic and if appropriate, the other may be from the applicant’s most recent employer)
References uploaded online are preferred. However, references sent by post or by email attachment will also be accepted. All references must be received by the application deadline.
- Erasmus Mundus Category A or Category B Scholarship application form (if applicable)
- IMRCEES Supporting Personal Statement form
Please refer to other sections of this website for details on the application procedure and selection process timetable for both scholarship and full fee-paying candidates and details about who is eligible to apply.
Applicants applying for Category A scholarships or Category B scholarships must apply before the deadline of 13 December 2012.
(Last updated on 11 October 2012)