LEADS Launch Open Day
LEADS Launch Open Day
Issued: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 20:55:00 BST
Formed in January 2017, the Learning Enhancement and Academic Development Service (LEADS) is holding an Open Day on Wednesday 12 July to launch our services for the 2017/18 academic year, writes Matthew Williamson, Director Learning Enhancement and Academic Development (LEADS)
All staff are warmly invited to come along and get a taste of what we offer and how we can support you and your students.
Our launch event aims to give a flavour of what we do.
We will be running workshop and information sessions from 10.00–12.00 and from 1.30–3.30 in our two buildings, Southpark House and the Macmillan Reading Room, as well as drop-in sessions all day in our TV studio in Southpark House and in the Reading Room.
Full details of the day can be found at www.glasgow.ac.uk/learn/launchevent
Do come along for all or part of the day and find out more about the work we do to enhance learning and teaching across the University.
LEADS exists to support and enhance student success across the University of Glasgow by developing effective learning and teaching practices, effective people, and effective institutional strategies and responses national and strategic imperatives and initiatives.
We support and develop students directly through the Academic Writing Skills Programme (AWSP), our team of Effective Learning Advisers and International Writing Advisers, and our dedicated Maths and Stats team. We run the annual undergraduate research conference “Let’s talk about [X]” and its associated journal, [X]position.
We have full media production capability, with a dedicated team of media professionals making broadcast-standard recordings for teaching and learning.
Some of the ways in which we support and develop staff include:
- the Recognising Excellence in Teaching scheme (RET) which is accredited against the UK Professional Standards Framework for Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
- leading of developments in learning and teaching (especially in Technology-Enhanced Learning and Teaching and assessment and feedback)
- leading the training and development of Graduate Teaching Assistants across the University
- working with staff in College and Schools on discipline-specific learning and teaching projects
- leading and managing the University’s Annual Learning and Teaching Conference – the largest staff-focussed University of Glasgow event in the year and a programme of CPD events throughout the year around teaching, learning and assessment
Come see what we do and how we can work with you. We look forward to seeing you!