MyGlasgow is your source of information on working and studying at the University of Glasgow. Thousands of staff and current students use these web pages and portals every day, and the content and structure are under continuous development.
MyGlasgow is the University's internally-facing website. While staff and studenst are the primary audience, anyone can access the information from anywhere.
As of April 2017, MyGlasgow comprises:
- MyGlasgow Staff: the homepage for all UofG staff, linked from every SSD desktop and from the footer of every page of the University website. Staff can also log in to the MyGlagow Staff Portal to access webmail, helpdesks and business systems.
- MyGlasgow Students: the homepage for all UofG students, linked from the footer of every page of the University website. Students can also log in to the MyGlasgow Student Portal to access MyCampus, Moodle, Student Voice and many other systems.
- MyGlasgow News: updated throughout the week and summarised in a weekly email to all staff and students every Tuesday.
The MyGlasgow team
The MyGlasgow Staff and Student web pages are being developed jointly by staff across many professional services.
- Co-ordinators: Court Office
- Main developers: IT Services, Communications & Public Affairs Office, Student Services
- Support from:
- University Library
- Learning Enhancement & Academic Development Service (LEADS)
- Research Strategy & Innovation Office (RSIO)
- Marketing, Recruitment and International Office (MRIO)
- Human Resources
- Students Representative Council (SRC)
The team started by improving the look and functionality of MyGlasgow Staff. March 2017 marked the switch to a new look and feel, offering a better user experience with greatly improved searches. The new look was subsequently rolled out to the main UofG homepage and others in May.
- The MyGlasgow Top Tasks survey will gather data from students and staff to help direct future improvements to MyGlasgow's navigation structure and homepages.
- Internally facing content from all University Services will migrate from gla.ac.uk/services into gla.ac.uk/myglasgow, switching to the new look and feel along the way.