How to apply
Applications for 2014/15 are now closed. Applications for 2015/16 will open in February 2015.
The deadline for Semester 1/ Year Long programmes is 1 May and the deadline for Semester 2 is 20 October.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or equivalent (on a 4.0 scale) or better. If students do not have a GPA of 3.0, we may still consider them, provided they have strong support and a good academic reference from their home institution.
- Two letters of reference from your home institution.
- An academic transcript.
- A personal statement of 500 words explaining why you would like to study at the University of Glasgow.
- If English is not your first language we will require an English Language test. Our minimum requirement is 6.0 IELTS overall. If you do not meet our requirements you may consider coming to the University early to study on one of our Pre-Sessional courses.
Most students are in their Junior (third) Year on arrival at Glasgow, but we can accept suitably qualified applicants who are:
- In their Senior (fourth) year for first semester courses
- Sophomores (students in their second year)*
- Freshman (first) year abroad*
- Junior College students*
- Students who have graduated, for example those who have obtained Rotary Scholarships.
*Restrictions apply please contact us for further details.
Please note: we will also take suitably qualified students from the programmes provided by Arcadia University, Centre for Education Abroad , Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University and International Studies Abroad (ISA). Please contact these organisations directly for further information.
Please make sure you also check your home institution's deadlines for applications.
- Year and Semester 1: 1 May
- Semester 2: 20 October