How to apply
1. Please read our for a step-by-step Application Guide - Study Abroad and Exchange on how to apply for the Study Abroad and Exchange programme
2. Browse our course catalogue for classes
3. Complete our online application form
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or equivalent (on a 4.0 scale) or better. If students do not have a GPA of 3.0, we may still consider them, provided they have strong support and a good academic reference from their home institution.
- Two letters of reference from your home institution.
- An academic transcript.
- A personal statement of 500 words explaining why you would like to study at the University of Glasgow.
- If English is not your first language we will require an English Language test. Our minimum requirement is 6.0 IELTS overall. If you do not meet our requirements you may consider coming to the University early to study on one of our Pre-Sessional courses.
Most students are in their Junior (third) Year on arrival at Glasgow, but we can accept suitably qualified applicants who are:
- In their Senior (fourth) year for first semester courses
- Sophomores (students in their second year)*
- Freshman (first) year abroad*
- Junior College students*
- Students who have graduated, for example those who have obtained Rotary Scholarships.
*Restrictions apply please contact us for further details.
Please note: we will also take suitably qualified students from the programmes provided by Arcadia University, Centre for Education Abroad and Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University. Please contact these organisations directly for further information.
Please make sure you also check your home institution's deadlines for applications.
|Year and Semester 1
Applications for housing are made online. Once accepted to the programme, you will be emailed a reference number and instructions on making your application for accommodation online. Further guidance can be seen on our Residential Services website. We guarantee you a place in university accommodation so long as you apply as soon as possible after receiving your acceptance.