Tours of The Hunterian
Mackintosh House Tours
Admission to The Mackintosh House is by a combination of guided tours and free flow self-guided visits.
- The admission charge for both is £5.00, £3.00 concession.
- Guided tours take place from Tuesday to Friday at 10.00am, 10.30am, 11.00am, 11.30am, 12.00pm and 12.30pm.
- Admission is self-guided from 1.00pm Tuesday to Friday and all day on Saturday and Sunday. Last admission 4.15pm (3.15pm Sunday).
- Tours operate on a first come basis. We are unable to take advance or group bookings.
- A maximum number of 12 visitors are allowed in The House at any one time.
- For security reasons we do not allow bags of any kind (including handbags) in The Mackintosh House. Bags can be stored in the lockers on the basement level.
- Visitors should be aware that CCTV is in operation.
MUSE Tour Programme
Daily tours (except Mondays) led by our student MUSEs (Museum University Student Educators). Tours last approximately 30 minutes and are free of charge. (Where there is a charge for entry to temporary exhibitions, the tour is included in the ticket price).
Hunterian Art Gallery
- 11.30am and 2.15pm – Art Gallery Highlights Tour and Renaissance Prints: Mantegna, Marcantonio and Parmigianino (Temporary Exhibition)
These two tours will alternate between the morning and afternoon time from one day to the next. See note below about checking details on a specific date.
- 12.15pm and 3.00pm – Whistler Collection Tour
- 11.30am and 1.30pm – Antonine Wall Tour
- 12.00pm – Main Hall Highlights Tour
- 2.00pm – Science History Highlights Tour
- 3.00pm - William Hunter, The Medic
Please Note: As we are dependent on student volunteers to deliver these tours, there are unfortunately times when study or work commitments hinder the guides' attendance. Naturally every attempt is made to provide cover and ensure that the tour goes ahead but it is not always possible. We have some students continuing over the summer period but many are away, which can affect tour delivery.
Checking Tour details: If you wish to check which tours are on offer, you can do so within 5 days of the planned visit date by ringing the Museum (0141 330 4221) or the Art Gallery (0141 330 5434).