Tours of The Hunterian
Mackintosh House Tours
Admission to The Mackintosh House is free and by guided tour. Tours run throughout the day from 10.00am (11.00am on Sundays) and last approximately 30 minutes. Last tour 4.00pm (3.00pm on Sundays). Tours operate on a first come first served basis and no booking is required.
For conservation reasons, a maximum number of 12 visitors are allowed in The House at any one time.
Please note that we do not provide a group booking service.
MUSE Tour Programme
Daily tours (except Mondays) led by our student MUSEs (Museum University Student Educators). Tours last approximately 30 minutes and are free of charge. (Where there is a charge for entry to temporary exhibitions, the tour is included in the ticket price).
Hunterian Art Gallery
- 11.30am and 2.15pm – Art Gallery Highlights Tour
- 12.15pm and 3.00pm – Whistler Collection Tour
- 1.30pm – Ingenious Impressions Temporary Exhibition Tour (from 7 March 2015)
- 11.30am and 1.30pm – Antonine Wall Tour
- 12.00pm – Main Hall Highlights Tour
- 2.00pm – Science History Highlights Tour
All timings are subject to change. Any variations will be posted here.