The Mackintosh House
Pendant light fittings, c. 1900
Silver-plated brass with leaded glass
The simple cube and dome design contains a coloured glass leaf motif. The fixtures were originally made for the Mackintoshes' flat at 120 Mains Street, Glasgow, which was lit by gas. When the Mackintoshes brought them to their next home at Florentine Terrace, Glasgow, they were adapted for electricity.