Dissertation (MLitt In American Studies) HIST5037P
- Academic Session: 2014-15
- School: School of Humanities
- Credits: 60
- Level: Level 5 (SCQF level 11)
- Typically Offered: Full Year
- Available to Visiting Students: Yes
Dissertation for MLitt in American Studies
Requirements of Entry
Main Assessment In: August
· To train students in the form, style, apparatus and techniques of a scholarly piece of interdisciplinary American Studies writing.
· To extend knowledge of a particular period chosen by the student, at a depth greater than that achieved in undergraduate study.
· To encourage the independent and original analysis of a complex range of appropriate source materials.
· To prepare students for further graduate study of an advanced kind, to M.Litt. or Ph.D. level, should the student so desire.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
On completion of the dissertation the student should be able to :
· assemble and assess material from a variety of sources, including libraries, archives, interviews and web-based storage media.
· undertake and complete a sustained piece of independent original research in American Studies.