How to apply
How to apply
MVLS COLLEGE STUDENTSHIPS 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 31 July 2017
PHD STUDENTSHIP COMMENCEMENT DATE: 1 OCTOBER 2017
ANNUAL STIPEND (2017/18 rate): £14,553
APPLY NOW FOR 2017/18 ENTRY!
Up to 10 fully funded studentship positions are available in the College of Medical Veterinary, Medical and Life Sciences. Projects are available from each of the research institutes within the College. Our next intake will be for PhD projects commencing October 2017.
The positions are fully funded for 3.5 years, and includes an annual consumable allowance.
PROJECTS CAN BE VIEWED HERE - NOTE: DETAIL WITHIN STEP 6 OF APPLICATION PROCESS THE SUPERVISOR AND PROJECT TITLE.
Applicants applying for a MVLS College studentship must have obtained, or be about to obtain, a first or upper second class UK honours degree or the equivalent qualifications gained outside the UK, in an appropriate area of science or technology.
The MVLS College studentship grant provides funding for tuition fees and stipend for UK and EU nationals.
Please ensure the following supporting documents are uploaded at point of application.
• Degree certificate (if you have graduated prior to 1 July 2017)
• Language test (if relevant)
• Personal statement (this should provide any other required information in support of the application, such as evidence of previous academic or professional experience that qualifies you for the programme (projects; placements; voluntary work etc). You should state the reasons why you selected this programme and what benefit you hope to achieve through successful completion of the programme. The statement should include information about lab techniques you have used and research projects in which you have been involved. The statement should not be longer than one A4 page)
• Reference 1 (should be from an academic who has a knowledge of your academic ability from your most recent study/programme)
• Reference 2 (should be from an academic who has a knowledge of your academic ability)
Within the application, at the programme of study search field option, please select ‘MVLS College Studentship’.
General enquiries regarding the programme and application procedure should be directed to Alexis Merry: [Alexis.Merry@glasgow.ac.uk].