How to apply
How to apply
MRC DTP STUDENTSHIPS 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 13 JUNE 2017
PHD STUDENTSHIP COMMENCEMENT DATE: OCTOBER 2017
Annual Stipend (2017/18 rate): £14,553
APPLY NOW FOR 2017/18 ENTRY!
3 fully funded studentship positions are available in the College of Medical Veterinary, Medical and Life Sciences associated with MRC/CSO Social & Public Health Sciences Unit and MRC Centre for Virus Research. Our next intake will be for PhD projects commencing October 2017. The MRC DTP offers PhD with Integrated Study studentships funded by the MRC.
This DTP focuses on training PhD students in key MRC skills priorities in quantitative skills (mathematics, statistics, computation, and developing digital excellence) as applied to variety of data sources (from ‘omics’ to health records), and interdisciplinary skills including imaging and stratified medicine.
PROJECTS CAN BE VIEWED HERE - NOTE: DETAIL WITHIN STEP 6 OF APPLICATION PROCESS THE SUPERVISOR AND PROJECT TITLE.
Applicants applying for a MRC DTP studentship must have obtained, or be about to obtain, a first or upper second class UK honours degree or the equivalent qualifications gained outside the UK, in an appropriate area of science or technology.
The MRC DTP grant provides funding for tuition fees and stipend for UK and *EU nationals that meet all the required eligibility criteria.
*Note that EU nationals must be able to demonstrate that they have resided in the UK for three years prior to commencing the studentship.
Full qualifications and residence eligibility details are available here: http://www.mrc.ac.uk/skills-careers/studentships/studentship-guidance/student-eligibility-requirements/
Please ensure the following supporting documents are uploaded at point of application.
• Degree certificate (if you have graduated prior to 1 July 2017)
• Language test (if relevant)
• Personal statement (this should provide any other required information in support of the application, such as evidence of previous academic or professional experience that qualifies you for the programme (projects; placements; voluntary work etc). You should state the reasons why you selected this programme and what benefit you hope to achieve through successful completion of the programme. The statement should include information about lab techniques you have used and research projects in which you have been involved. The statement should not be longer than one A4 page)
• Reference 1 (should be from an academic who has a knowledge of your academic ability from your most recent study/programme)
• Reference 2 (should be from an academic who has a knowledge of your academic ability)
Within the application, at the programme of study search field option, please select ‘MRC DTP Studentship’.
General enquiries regarding the programme and application procedure should be directed to Alexis Merry: [Alexis.Merry@glasgow.ac.uk].